Duration: 16 hours
What you will learn
This Oracle Essbase 11.1.2: Calculate Block Storage Databases (22.214.171.124) training teaches you the principal techniques and theories for the design of calculations in block storage databases with Essbase Release 126.96.36.199. Expert Oracle University instructors will review database structure and configuration and teach you basic calculation building blocks, including FIX and IF statements.
- Describe Essbase and block storage database structures.
- Develop and test calculation scripts.
- Develop advanced calculations.
- Optimize databases though dynamic calculations.
- Normalize and allocate data.
Benefits to You
By enrolling in this course, you'll become familiar with calculation script development methodology and how to correct common calculation errors. You'll learn how to effectively leverage dynamic calculations to optimize database performance and create advanced calculation scripts, such as allocations, cross-database calculations and multidimensional range calculations. By participating in design discussions and hands-on practice sessions, you'll reinforce your understanding of important Essbase concepts.
This course is also suitable for customers using Hyperion Essbase Analytics 9.3.1 or Oracle Essbase 11.1.x.
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Data Modelers
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Data Warehouse Analyst
- Data Warehouse Developer
- Database Administrators
- Database Designers
- Technical Consultant
- Required Prerequisites
- Oracle Essbase 11.1.2 Bootcamp
- Gain an understanding of the mechanisms by which Essbase stores and calculates data in block storage databases.
- Learn the default database calculation order and investigate how it relates to block storage data structures.
- Learn practical methods for developing and testing block storage calculations, from the simple to the complex.
- Understand where use of dynamic calculation can improve database and calculation performance.
- Focus calculations on specific subsets of data.
- Compare the different calculation variables available and implement variables in calculation scripts
- Investigate different methods for implementing and planning multidimensional allocations.
- Essbase Overview
- Essbase Database Types
- Business Scenario and Training Environment Overview
- Block Storage Calculation Overview
- Data Storage and Calculation
- Data Storage and Calculation Fundamentals
- Database Statistics
- Data Block Creation
- Database Calculation Process
- Calculation Script Basics
- Calculation Script Organization
- Implementing a Script Development Process
- Intelligent Calculation
- Dynamic Calculation Overview
- About Dynamic Calculation
- Dynamic Calculation Storage Options
- Design Considerations for Dynamic Calculation
- Design Considerations for Rates and Percentages
- Controlling the Calculation Process
- Controlling Top-Down Calculation
- Performance Considerations
- Creating Complex Conditionals
- Copying and Clearing Data
- Copying Data
- Clearing Data with CLEARDATA
- Clearing Data with CLEARBLOCK
- Developing Advanced Calculations
- Copying Data
- Creating Calculation Variables
- Referencing Members Dynamically
- Developing Analytic Calculations
- Typed Measures Overview
- Creating Typed Measures
- Calculating with Typed Measures
- Multidimensional Dynamic Calculations
- Dynamic Calculation Order
- Optimization Guidelines
- Normalizing Data
- Loading Data to Upper-Level Members
- Planning Data Normalization
- Normalizing Rates and Drivers
- Performing Advanced Allocations
- Allocating Data
- Creating Multiple-Database Calculations
- Appendix: Essbase Architecture
- Essbase Architecture Overview
- Essbase Components by Tier