Cyret's BOT Services
Using Cyret's BOT Services, Customer has saved more than 25% on direct cost, improved sales productivity, improved on the collections & DSO. Customer Acquisition costs are reduced by nearly 20%.
Shared Services Support Model
Organizations across the globe are fighting tight IT budgets and reduced spending capacities. The average spending on Application Support and Maintenance is anywhere from 40-60% of the total IT budget.
Future Trends in ERP: Mobility
The concept of constantly being connected from anywhere has pervaded our personal lives and has begun making its way into our business environment as well.
1. Is Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) the right Product Development model for you?
Reality is, software product development is a long, repetitive and expensive endeavor. A significant amount of capital planning and provision of multiple funding rounds is required if the desired product has any chance of getting to the market. Then there is the ongoing costs of sustaining engineering, product support and release management. Maintaining multiple version of the software, supporting customers on each of the versions, ensuring all supported version continue to run on hardware(s) and other dependent software or operating systems, etc. can quickly become a drain on the core product engineering or development team.
Building and managing a product development team and a core sustaining engineering team brings in other fixed overheads that divert financial resources away from the investment in the product.
One option is to use an Outsourced Development partner who will take your product direction and build the product to its desired specification. They can also provide the necessary ongoing support for the install base accounts. This solution is good for small and concise projects. It does not work cost effectively where R&D, ongoing technology uplift, etc. are needed.
The right solution is to get into a Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) engagement with a partner that has the core understanding and processes to help you build and operate your desired development team. Technically this can still be termed as an outsourced software product development or outsourced sustaining engineering but, what matters is the structure of the BOT contract that gives you the required flexibility, cost efficiency and direct control that is much required in a product development initiative.
A right BOT partner will also be able to help you reduce your ongoing product support, customer support and Quality Assurance costs.
Checklist before choosing the right BOT partner:
- Can the BOT partner help me build the desired team as fast as possible?
- What processes do they have for shortlisting and assessing the candidates?
- How efficiently are they tracking the Time to Hire(TtH) which has a direct impact on the Time to Market (TtM)
- Does the BOT product demonstrate the ability to burden as little non-product related costs and overhead?
- You own the product IP
- You own and control the design and architecture
- You own and manage and control the software release cycle
- You determine the technology platform, supported OS, development tools, hardware dependencies, etc.
- What are the conditions for the “Transfer” part of the BOT contract?
- Does the partner have the ability to build a dual-shore team?
Cyret offers a unique model for outsourced product development and outsourced sustaining engineering Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) services to varied set of customers. We have extended our BOT offering to even non-technical or non-software needs like building and managing Business Development and Market Research teams.
2. Do More with Less: Shared Services Support Model
Organizations across the globe are fighting tight IT budgets and reduced spending capacities. However, the challenges still remain the same – reducing costs, improving processing times, providing superior customer experience and dedicate more time to strategic Planning & initiatives. Research suggests that the average spending on Application Support and Maintenance is anywhere from 40-60% of the total IT budget. So essentially, do more with less: less resources, less time, less costs is the mantra to overcome these set of challenges.
What is Shared Services Support Model ?
Within the Information Technology space, it is a type of outsourcing model, where an external third party offers Enterprise Application or Production Support Services to the buying organization with a defined pricing structure & servicing agreement in place. The processes are usually governed by a Ticket handling system which routes different level of requests based on the degree of difficulty or resolution times. Common pools of Consultants who are champions in their respective technical or functional domain deliver these services. Most companies offer SLA-based support & maintenance with 24 x7 Availability of consultants and the flexibility of a pay-as-you-go pricing arrangement.
- What are some typical scenarios where Shared Services Support works the best?
- The IT applications have multitude of modules that require regular fixes/maintenance, but the issues/bug frequency is quite low and doesn’t deserve a full-time resource
- Applications require occasional minor or major enhancements which can be taken care of using on-need basis consultants rather than a dedicated team
- Day-to-day Application Administration like Oracle Apps DBA can also be taken care of using external consultants more efficiently than an on-board resource
- When the organization needs 24 x 7 support for some urgent & important requests which need high level of expertise, basically a service desk
- When the organization has global presence and requires support in multiple time zones for a full coverage
- What are some commonly observed Benefits of the Shared Services Support?
- Reduced Processing Time & Superior Business Continuity
- Leverage expertise of Global Teams with vast experience – quicker support
- More Time to focus on core Business Initiatives & Strategy
- Flexibility & Scalability in Staffing
- Reduced dependency on individuals, lesser risks
- Improved Customer Service & Response cycles
- Reduction in Actual Costs incurred for providing Application & Production Support
- Better Performance Monitoring
As far as IT spending is concerned, Gartner’s forecast for worldwide dollar-valued IT spending growth in 2015 has been revised to −5.5%. With the shrinking IT spending, it is imperative for any growth-focused organization to opt for a cost-effective Support Plan. Shared support services definitely offer a very potent and viable Solution to the increasingly dynamic IT landscape.
3. Future Trends in ERP: Mobility
The concept of constantly being connected from anywhere has pervaded our personal lives and has begun making its way into our business environment as well. Mobile ERP is all about accessing various services offered by any ERP software through a mobile device such as Smartphone or tablet. Mobility is also about how businesses can provide a better infrastructure through mobile applications and services.
While ERP was a vital step taken by many firms, provision of services through mobile technologies is now inevitable. Along with other trends that are changing the enterprise applications landscape, ERP systems have to support the mobile behavior of their users. Mobile devices will replace the traditional laptops, pushing ERP manufacturers to deliver those services including on iPad, iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, etc.
It is estimated that 25% of the workforce is traveling one or more days a week. While away, many are supported by e-mail, calendar and contact information, but very few are supported by information from their ERP/CRM system. Hence, mobile ERP is relevant to a large number of professionals and that could be the reason why many analysts predict a very high growth in the mobile computing industry.
Most recently, the demand for mobile-computing options has increased for executive and operational personnel. Equipped with mobility, executives, field-service technicians and customer-service personnel also have demanded access to data and applications typically reserved for the back office. There are three pertinent factors which have made mobility in ERP a necessity:
- Service improvements, as in better interaction with customers and existing business applications
- Improved ROI on mobile applications implementation
- Mobile Workforce
Many ERP software solutions are now providing mobile enterprise functions to compliment the increasing need for portability. For example, using mobile SCM solutions, production and operations managers can be alerted in real time if there’s a supply or manufacturing problem. Finance applications can alert accounting managers if there’s an issue with invoicing or a customer payment.
Assets Management system with mobiles can decreasea lot of man hours on stock counts and reduce few steps in data entry. Mobile sales and marketing ERP applications allow salespeople to better understand the profitability of a prospective deal using information linked to finance and manufacturing quotation processes.
Mobile ERP solutions deliver real time access to business operations and can steadily increase profitability through lower transaction costs, improved cash flows, enhanced communication and better customer relations. While it is unlikely mobile ERP applications will altogether replace traditional desktop ERP applications in the near future, they help meet the need for agility and flexibility in today’s changing business environment.
Cyret’s custom built JD Edwards Mobile applications specifically catering the Human Resources, Distribution & Logistics and Manufacturing sectorsprovides more operational visibility for managers, allowing them to identify problems on the production line, drill down into problem areas and take action right on the work floor. For example, our ERP on mobile can deliver project information, job documentation, real-time statistical process control, data analysis, holiday/off day enquiry by employee and even mobile requisition self-service approval.
Mobility allows workers unlimited access to the company’s ERP system at all times, which in turn means data and information is always up-to-date. The improved mobile productivity that results from mobile access to company software and information can mean a greater ROI for businesses investing in mobile communications, as well as improved sales and communication.
© All rights reserved Cyret Technologies | 2018